Informsec2013: Report for Milestone #2
1. What we have done for milestone #2
- Gpg4win 2.2.0-beta released (2013-07-15) which includes:
- new Gpg4win installer (updated components see section 2)
- website updated
- announcement on all gpg4win mailing lists (in English and Germen)
- GpgOL with Outlook 2010 support (see section 3)
- GpgEX with 64bit support
- Gpg-agent with Putty support
- pinentry with paste support
- updated Gpg4win installer
- much communication on gpg4win mailing lists
- several minor bug fixes
2. Updated Gpg4win components
We updated for Gpg4win 2.2.0-beta the following packages:
Package old version new version kleopatra 2.1.1 (20130516) 2.1.1 (20130528) gnupg2 2.0.20 2.0.21-beta20 - gpgme 1.4.1 1.4.2 - libgpg-error 1.11 1.12 - libassuan 2.1.0 2.1.1 - libiconv 1.9.1 1.14 - pinentry 0.8.3 0.8.4-beta8 gpgex 0.9.7 1.0.0-beta24 gpgol 0.9.7 1.1.4-git3408e00 gettext 0.13.1 0.18.2.1
3. Outlook 2010 Support for GpgOL
The groundwork was done to integrate GpgOL with Outlook 2010 and later versions. On this basis a minimal set of actions has been implemented to make some Gpg4win features acessible directly from Outlook:
- There is now a GpgOL ribbon in Outlook 2010. Containing at least a shortcut to the certificate management and other actions depending on the Context.
- When reading a mail you can decrypt the complete message body from the GpgOL ribbon.
- When reading a mail you can decrypt parts of a message from the text selection context menu.
- When writing a mail you can encrypt / decrypt parts of your message from the text selection context menu.
- When writing a mail you can encrypt / decrypt the full message body from the GpgOL ribbon.
- When recieving an attachment you can select to save and decrypt it from the attachment context menu.
The new GpgOL version 1.1.4 is integrated into Gpg4win 2.2.0-beta release.