The 5th OpenPGP Email Summit, October 2019
Purpose: Meeting of experts to discuss technical details of sending encrypted emails using OpenPGP.
This is an event open for anybody involved in the development of email clients using OpenPGP for encryption.
The meeting will take place on October 12/13, 2019 in Berlin (Germany).
NOTE: This is a meeting of those who develop software related to OpenPGP email. Thus, we will have a lot of tech talk about key servers, key discovery, subject encryption, password recovery, security/policies, etc. If you just are interested in these topics as a user, you probably will be bored to death ;-) .
Thus, you're very welcome to join us if you are working in the area of
- technical details
- for sending encrypted emails
- with OpenPGP
- in a project or product
Note however, that due to capacity reasons we don't want to have more than 2 people from each project/product. As space is limited, we can accept only around 40 attendees at the Onion Space in Berlin.
Rules: This is a public meeting. As we want to be fully transparent, anything discussed during the meeting is considered public.
If you want to attend, please send an informal email to Patrick Brunschwig: mailto:email@example.com (ideally with some description of your role in this area).
If you need funding for your travel/hotel expenses please also get in contact with Patrick.
The event will take place at the Onion Space, at Gottschedstrasse 4, Entrance 4, 1st floor, 13357 Berlin.
Friday, October 11, 2019:
- Informal gathering at 7pm at Pizzeria Stranero, Liebenwalder Str. 11.
Saturday, October 12, 2019:
- 09:30: Welcome, Organizational Issues, Agenda and Schedule
- 10:00: Introducing each other
- 10:30: Plenary Talks
- 12:30: Lunch
- 13:30: Organizing Working Groups
- 14:00: Working Groups
- 19:30: Dinner at Doyum Restaurant
Sunday, October 13, 2019:
- 09:30: Working Groups
- 12:30: Lunch
- 13:00: Working Group
- 15:00: Final Working Group Reports
- 15:45: Wrap up
- 16:30: End
For those who like to try and implement a few of the things discussed during the workshop, there is the possibility to gather at the Onion Space on Monday and Tuesday (October 14/15).
- How to approach UX Decisions
- OpenPGP Standardization (RFC4880bis)
- key distribution mechanims interaction in clients
- OpenPGP implementations
- Key Transparency
- OpenPGP device syncronization
- Mail test suite
- Thunderbird & OpenPGP
- Validation of Digital Signatures
- What we learned from EFAIL
- Mail STS
- Future of SKS Keyservers
- Symmetric key re-encryption of archived mail