Adele is an email exercises robot that is mentioned in the Gpg4win documentation (at least until 3.0.0).
Advantages: It can be used to try and train some Email OpenPGP aspects.
Problems: it is not Free Software, the source is not available and it has unfixed defects and therefore we are unable to improve it to follow modern Email standards.
The Gpg4win Initiative does not control the "adele" service (as Werner stated on the list 2007 in German)
There is an entry on the Gpg4win/Wishlist about reimplementing an email exercise "robot" as Free Software.
Other bits and pieces about adele
- http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/gpg4win-users-en/2010-January/000435.html Adele utf-8 error
- http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/gpg4win-users-en/2013-June/000814.html Adele: RETURNED MAIL: Unconfirmed email address
- 2016-03 https://wald.intevation.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1607&forum_id=21&group_id=11 Taking hours to respond
- 2016-11 https://wald.intevation.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1685&forum_id=21&group_id=11 "The following email is rejected because the correctness of the address given has not been confirmed yet."
Alternatives or how to get to a better bot
- http://agpl.fsf.org/emailselfdefense.fsf.org/edward/ is an Email response bot written by Josh Drake and used for the email defense flyer by the FSF.