update a little. Change Life Cycle infos to link to the gnupg page. Moce old general focus points to the ongoing development section.
improve hint on how to update GnuPG for Gpg4win
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
|* For the crypto engine, see [[https://gnupg.org/download/index.html#end-of-life|GnuPG's EOL]]. Note that GnuPG can be updated individually for Gpg4win.||* For the crypto engine, see [[https://gnupg.org/download/index.html#end-of-life|GnuPG's EOL]]. Note that GnuPG can be updated for Gpg4win by using the simple Gnu~PG installer.|
This page lists the major goals that are worked on. For minor releases only the next release is listed with some more details.
- For the crypto engine, see GnuPG's EOL. Note that GnuPG can be updated for Gpg4win by using the simple GnuPG installer.
- Gpg4win 3.1.x with GnuPG 2.2 will be maintained as part of GnuPG VS-Desktop GnuPG Desktop at least until Gpg4win 4 gains approval for restricted communication in Germany.
Gpg4win 4 (Q4 2021)
- GnuPG 2.3
- Improved Subkey handling in GpgOL and Kleopatra to better support "rules of representation (Vertreterregeln)".
- New smartcard handling with support for multiple smartcards.
- Additional Smartcard support for PIV Application - with GUI
- ECC Support in GpgSM (including brainpool curves)
- RFC4880bis support with new AEAD methods (EAX, OCB) in GPG
- Support for OpenPGP v5 keys using SHA-256 fingerprints.
- Better support for automated encryption for OpenPGP in GpgOL
- Usability improvements
- Authenticated encryption support for S/MIME in GpgSM
- Better Microsoft Exchange / GAL integration for GpgOL (fingerprints and encryption info as attributes in the GAL)
- Further improvements to automated encryption -> default on.
- Usability and automation improvements
- One focus is improved hardware token support (Yubikey, GnuK-Token) and for the GnuK-Token to improve availability in Europe.
For each release
- Update of third party libraries.
- Update of GnuPG and libraries.
Additional features from wishlist (needs cleanup) depending on funding and available time.