This page lists the major goals that are worked on. For minor releases only the next release is listed with some more details.
- For the crypto engine, see GnuPG's EOL. Note that GnuPG can be updated for Gpg4win by using the simple GnuPG installer.
- Gpg4win 3.1.x is no longer maintained. A technical similar software is the BSI approved GnuPG VS-Desktop®; available for Windows and Linux as part of a support contract.
Gpg4win 4.1.0 (tba)
Gpg4win 4.0.x (2022)
- Fixing important defects.
- Will be released as needed.
- New features (that keep the user experience).
- Authenticated encryption support for S/MIME in GpgSM
- Better Microsoft Exchange / GAL integration for GpgOL (fingerprints and encryption info as attributes in the GAL)
- Further improvements to automated encryption -> default on.
- Usability and automation improvements
- One focus is improved hardware token support (Yubikey, GnuK-Token) and for the GnuK-Token to improve availability in Europe.
For each release
- Update of third party libraries.
- Update of GnuPG and libraries.
Additional features from wishlist (needs cleanup) depending on funding and available time.