This page lists the major goals that are worked on. For minor releases only the next release is listed with some more details.
The Release Info workboard sometimes has more features for upcoming GnuPG or Gpg4win releases.
- For the crypto engine, see GnuPG's EOL. Note that GnuPG can be updated for Gpg4win by using the simple GnuPG installer.
- Gpg4win 3.1.x is no longer maintained. A technical similar software is the BSI approved GnuPG VS-Desktop®; available for Windows and Linux as part of a support contract.
Gpg4win 4.1.0 (tba)
Gpg4win 4.0.x (2022)
- Fixing important defects.
- Will be released as needed.
- New features (that keep the user experience).
- Authenticated encryption support for S/MIME in GpgSM
- Better Microsoft Exchange / GAL integration for GpgOL (fingerprints and encryption info as attributes in the GAL)
- Further improvements to automated encryption -> default on.
- Usability and automation improvements
- One focus is improved hardware token support (Yubikey, GnuK-Token) and for the GnuK-Token to improve availability in Europe.
For each release
- Update of third party libraries.
- Update of GnuPG and libraries.
Additional features from wishlist (needs cleanup) depending on funding and available time.