2.2.4 is out. Plan 2.2.5 This also removes the libpng update as the rationale for this is unclear to me.
2.2.6 was released this September, Claws was removed.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
|== 2.2.5 (Q2 2015)
* update of third party libraries.
* update of gnupg and libraries
* (Claws will not be updated, because overall time pressure and lack of help with it.)
|== For each release
* Update of third party libraries.
* Update of gnupg and libraries.
|Line 9:||Line 8:|
|== next normal release? maybe 2.3.0 or 3.0.0||== 3.0.0 (Not scheduled yet, may depend on available funding. End 2015?)
* GnuPG 2.1 integration
* Kleopatra based on KDE Framework 5?
* Move installation location from %~P~R~O~G~R~A~M~F~I~L~E~S%\~G~N~U\~Gnu~P~G to %~P~R~O~G~R~A~M~F~I~L~E~S%\~Gpg4win (To avoids conflicts with other ~Gnu~P~G installers and to use a more logic place to install)
|Line 11:||Line 13:|
|(Not scheduled yet, may depend on available funding). Mid 2015?
=== GnuPG 2.1 integration
* Probably something for a 3.0 release
|Line 21:||Line 17:|
|=== Shall we remove Claws-Mail from the installer?
Rationale: Claws-Mail maintains [[https://www.claws-mail.org/win32/|its own installer for windows]],
which often is more current. Supporting it by building in into the Gpg4win 2.0.0 installer was
a success, this helped the initiative to get a windows installer and it spread the word.
It makes Gpg4win easier to maintain, if we decouple the installers.
There is less work to be done, especially less quality control and even some space is safed.
This raises is a more general question: Shouldn't we consider to make the engine (GnuPG and the core libraries)
a separate package which can be updated on its own and other packages may install it on the fly? -- [[Werner Koch]] <<DateTime(2014-10-24T19:10:21Z)>>
(For Developers, work in progress)
For each release
- Update of third party libraries.
- Update of gnupg and libraries.
3.0.0 (Not scheduled yet, may depend on available funding. End 2015?)
- GnuPG 2.1 integration
- Kleopatra based on KDE Framework 5?
- Move installation location from %PROGRAMFILES%\GNU\GnuPG to %PROGRAMFILES%\Gpg4win (To avoids conflicts with other GnuPG installers and to use a more logic place to install)
Additional features from wishlist
(Depends on funding and available time) more improvements from the Wishlists.