added explanation for development platform improvement
remove released 2.3.0
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
|== Gpg4win 2.3.0 (November 2015)
* Faster crypto operations for larger files/email attachments. Via technical: support for AES-NI in gcrypt.
** Reading compatibility with email applications that send out standard crypto emails, e.g. as send by Thunderbird/Enigmail by default. Via technical: read support for MIME messages (PGP/MIME and S/MIME) "official" Outlook APIs.
** Prepared for the future to read emails from Gpg4win 3 versions. Technical: the version 3 versions will most likely only create crypto/MIME mails.
** Outlook 2016 Support
== Gpg4win 3.0-testversion1 (end of 2015)
|== Gpg4win 3.0-testversion1 (December 2015)|
Gpg4win 3.0-testversion1 (December 2015)
- GnuPG 2.1 integration, will allow elliptic curve cryptography
- Move installation location from %PROGRAMFILES%\GNU\GnuPG to %PROGRAMFILES%\Gpg4win (To avoids conflicts with other GnuPG installers and to use a more logic place to install)
- MIME send support for GpgOL
- 64bit support for GpgOL
Gpg4win 3.0-testversion2 (Q1 2016)
- Kleopatra based on KDE Framework 5
- Kleopatra included from Source in the Gpg4win build
- Packaging additional localisations for Kleopatra
Gpg4win 3.0-testversion* (Q1-Q4 2016)
- stabilize improvements in Kleopatra, GpgOL and GnuPG
- Development platform improvements, to keep Gpg4win maintainable and ready for the future.
- Build Kleopatra, Qt5 all from source with the same (cross) compiler on a modern Debian GNU/Linux system.
Gpg4win 3.0 (end of 2016)
- GnuPG 2.1 integration (with ECC support)
- GpgOL: MIME support, Exchange Server support, 64-bit
- Kleoaptra: based on KDE Frameworks 5, many UI improvements, additional localisations
- Gpg4win update notification
For each release
- Update of third party libraries.
- Update of gnupg and libraries.
Additional features from wishlist depends on funding and available time.