3.0 estimated mid Sept
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
|== Gpg4win 3.0 stable (~End of August 2017)||== Gpg4win 3.0 stable (Sept 2017)|
Gpg4win 3.0 stable (Sept 2017)
- GnuPG (Crypto Backend)
- integration of GnuPG 2.2 stable (with support for ECC, HTTPS, TOFU trust model and WKD/WKS).
- GpgOL (Outlook Plugin):
- Stable MIME support
- No persistent modifications to email items. (Also fixing random crash on MIME mail send.)
- Support for Outlooks' inline editor in message list.
- Optional support for PGP/Inline messages.
- Show if message was encrypted directly in Outlook (no more popup)
- Show signature details directly in Outlook (no more popup)
- Support for HTML / multipart alternative emails
- Improve error handling
- Full support for MS Exchange (and EAS) >= 2010.
- Improve signature display and status (no more popup!)
- Move decryption in a background thread (no more blocking Outlook).
- Improve "Fluent UI" scaling
- Preselect sign/encrypt on reply or forward based on email status.
- Support new automatic key lookup options in GnuPG (WKD).
- GpgEX (Explorer Plugin):
- Reduce available options (thanks to auto detection).
- Kleopatra (Crypto-Manager/Expert Interface):
- Autodetect file contents and treat them accordingly (e.g. If a .gpg file is a cert import it. Or if encrypted decrypt it.)
- Rework Sign/Encrypt files dialog to reduce steps and make certificate selection easier / better.
- Rework Decrypt/Verify files dialog to have only one step and select automatic handling.
- Rework key list to include aliases for email addresses when filtering.
- Add more options to show in keylist, especially UID validity.
- Support TOFU trust model in dialogs.
- OpenPGP Smartcard Management
- Paperkey export/import (print secret key).
- Add input field like GPA's clipboard.
- Generally improve clipboard behavior (2.3.x versions sometimes missdetect)
- Based on KDE Frameworks 5: many UI improvements and additional localizations.
- No more need for dbus, kbuildsycoca and wrapper script to start Kleopatra.
- Add setting to Sign/Encrypt folder contents.
- Improve first start (provide key import or key pair generation).
- Integrate Gpg4win compendium for Windows and improve help buttons.
- Support new automatic key lookup options in Kleopatra (WKD).
- Gpg4win installer:
- Show usage hints during installation (some pictures / icons).
- Reduce steps by default. Enable "customized install".
- Allow installation as normal user.
- Register File Extensions / MIME Types for Gpg4win (.asc, .gpg, .sig, .key,.. etc (and the X509 extensions))
- Gpg4win update notification
Gpg4win 3.0.x (Q3-Q4 2017)
- contains security and bug fixes
Gpg4win 3.1 (Q1 2018)
- Remove support for Outlook 2003/2007 (Microsofts' Extended Support ends 2017-12-31).
- more features ...
To be done on demand only, if an important defect appears that needs a quick fix and 3.0 is not ready for primetime yet.
For each release
- Update of third party libraries.
- Update of gnupg and libraries.
Additional features from wishlist depends on funding and available time.