← Revision 109 as of 2019-11-20 07:45:40
move 3.1.11 to End of Nov
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
|== Gpg4win 3.1.11 (End of November 2019)|
|Line 17:||Line 18:|
|== Gpg4win 3.1.6 (early March 2019)||Tracking task: https://dev.gnupg.org/T4660|
|Line 19:||Line 20:|
|See the [[https://dev.gnupg.org/T4264|Tracking Task]]|| * More quality / stability improvements, especially for GpgOL.
* First start experience in GpgOL improved for S/MIME users with configurable CSR creation.
* Draft encryption in GpgOL. (stable)
* MSI packaging as basis for a Long Term Support Gpg4win package for customers if [[https://gnupg.com|GnuPG.com]] of Gpg4win-3.1.10.
|Line 21:||Line 25:|
|General focus: GpgOL and bugfixes.
* More but less secure automation support in GpgOL for ~Open~P~G~P (default off)
* Basic support to read encrypted subjects in GpgOL
* Better attachment handling in GpgOL
* Option to decrypt permanently in GpgOL
* Update to latest KDE and Qt with performance improvements for Kleopatra.
|== Gpg4win 3.2 (Q1 2020)|
|Line 28:||Line 27:|
|== Gpg4win 3.2 (late summer 2019)
* GnuPG 2.3
|* GnuPG 2.3 (Release March 2020)|
|Line 33:||Line 30:|
|** Support for OpenPGP v5 keys using SHA-256 fingerprints.|
|Line 34:||Line 32:|
|* Improved archive / folder support in Kleopatra|
|Line 36:||Line 33:|
|* S/MIME Adressbook integration for GpgOL||* Improved archive / folder support in Kleopatra (zip / Unicode filenames).|
This page lists the major goals that are worked on. For minor releases only the next release is listed with some more details.
One focus is improved hardware token support (Yubikey, GnuK-Token) and for the GnuK-Token to improve availability in Europe.
The other focus is improved usability and automation.
- GnuPG 2.2 will be security maintained at least until the end of 2022. GnuPG can be updated individually from Gpg4win.
- GnuPG 2.3 will be security maintained at least until the end of 2024.
Gpg4win 3.1.11 (End of November 2019)
Tracking task: https://dev.gnupg.org/T4660
- More quality / stability improvements, especially for GpgOL.
- First start experience in GpgOL improved for S/MIME users with configurable CSR creation.
- Draft encryption in GpgOL. (stable)
- MSI packaging as basis for a Long Term Support Gpg4win package for customers if GnuPG.com of Gpg4win-3.1.10.
Gpg4win 3.2 (Q1 2020)
- GnuPG 2.3 (Release March 2020)
- Better support for automated encryption for OpenPGP in GpgOL
- Usability improvements
- Improved archive / folder support in Kleopatra (zip / Unicode filenames).
Gpg4win 3.3 (early 2020)
- Authenticated encryption support for S/MIME in GpgSM
- Better Microsoft Exchange / GAL integration for GpgOL (fingerprints and encryption info as attributes in the GAL)
- Further improvements to automated encryption -> default on.
- Additional S/MIME Smartcard support.
- (maybe) Rework of GpgEX to have "ZIP Style" explorer integration for encrypted files.
- Usability improvements
For each release
- Update of third party libraries.
- Update of GnuPG and libraries.
Additional features from wishlist (needs cleanup) depending on funding and available time.