More concrete Plan for 3.1.8
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
|== Gpg4win 3.1.8 (June 2019)|
|Line 17:||Line 18:|
|== Gpg4win 3.1.6 (early March 2019)||[[https://dev.gnupg.org/T4389|Tracking Task]]|
|Line 19:||Line 20:|
|See the [[https://dev.gnupg.org/T4264|Tracking Task]]
General focus: GpgOL and bugfixes.
* More but less secure automation support in GpgOL for ~Open~P~G~P (default off)
* Basic support to read encrypted subjects in GpgOL
* Better attachment handling in GpgOL
* Option to decrypt permanently in GpgOL
* Update to latest KDE and Qt with performance improvements for Kleopatra.
| * Draft encryption in GpgOL (experimental)
* S/MIME Addressbook integration for GpgOL
* Configurable Key table in Kleopatra with additional columns
* Fix for a hang of the GnuPG System together with S/MIME ( T5005 )
* New key generation / Import UI in GpgOL when no keys can be found.
|Line 37:||Line 35:|
|* S/MIME Adressbook integration for GpgOL||* Draft encryption in GpgOL (stable)|
This page lists the major goals that are worked on. For minor releases only the next release is listed with some more details.
One focus is improved hardware token support (Yubikey, GnuK-Token) and for the GnuK-Token to improve availability in Europe.
The other focus is improved usability and automation.
- GnuPG 2.2 will be security maintained at least until the end of 2022. GnuPG can be updated individually from Gpg4win.
- GnuPG 2.3 will be security maintained at least until the end of 2024.
Gpg4win 3.1.8 (June 2019)
- Draft encryption in GpgOL (experimental)
- S/MIME Addressbook integration for GpgOL
- Configurable Key table in Kleopatra with additional columns
- Fix for a hang of the GnuPG System together with S/MIME ( T5005 )
- New key generation / Import UI in GpgOL when no keys can be found.
Gpg4win 3.2 (late summer 2019)
- GnuPG 2.3
- Better support for automated encryption for OpenPGP in GpgOL
- Improved archive / folder support in Kleopatra
- Usability improvements
- Draft encryption in GpgOL (stable)
Gpg4win 3.3 (early 2020)
- Authenticated encryption support for S/MIME in GpgSM
- Better Microsoft Exchange / GAL integration for GpgOL (fingerprints and encryption info as attributes in the GAL)
- Further improvements to automated encryption -> default on.
- Additional S/MIME Smartcard support.
- (maybe) Rework of GpgEX to have "ZIP Style" explorer integration for encrypted files.
- Usability improvements
For each release
- Update of third party libraries.
- Update of GnuPG and libraries.
Additional features from wishlist (needs cleanup) depending on funding and available time.