Gpg4win 3.0 release. Events: changes order.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
//([[about|About this wiki]])//
**[[WKD| -> Web Key Directory and Service]]**, which makes exchanging crypto mails much easier.
== Notable Events
* 2017-12-31: End of Life for ~GnuPG 2.0.x. (So you really want to take ~GnuPG 2.2 or Gpg4win 3.0 for a spin.)
* 2017-09-21: [[https://www.gpg4win.org/version3.html|Gpg4win 3.0 released]], includes MIME capable
Outlook-Add-in, GnuPG 2.2, [[WKD]]-requests and update notifications.
* 2017-08-28: [[https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-announce/2017q3/000413.html|GnuPG 2.2 released]],
comes with ECC and does "web key directory" requests by default.
== GnuPG for Users
* [[documentation|Documentation Overview]]
* LargeKeys: How many bits are enough?
* WebOfTrust: Understanding the web of trust
* GnomeKeyring: What to do when Gnome Keyring Hijacks your GPG Agent
* TroubleShooting: What to do when something doesn't work.
* PlatformNotes - what to be aware of when using or administrating ~GnuPG on different platforms.
* [[X.509]] hints (needed for S/~MIME and trusted root certs)
* SmartCard hints
* [[Wishlist]] Where to submit feature requests
* [[Applications]] using GnuPG
* LDAPKeyserver: How to configure [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenLDAP|OpenLDAP]] as a keyserver.
* Hints for use with [[NFS]]
* [[AgentForwarding|How to use local secrets on a remote machine]]
== GnuPG for Developers
* How to [[APIs|use GnuPG from your application]] (~GnuPG's API)
* Building GnuPG 2.1: GnuPG 2.1 is the latest GnuPG version but as with all 2.x versions it has several dependencies, which make building it a bit more difficult. Here are some notes.
** [[Build2.1_Unix|Building for Unix]]
** [[Build2.1_Windows|Building for Windows]]
** [[https://github.com/guardianproject/gnupg-for-android#build-setup|Building for Android]]
* API checker:
[[http://upstream-tracker.org/|Upstream-Tracker.org]] checks ABI/API changes for some libraries like [[http://upstream-tracker.org/versions/gpgme.html|gpgme]],
Note that the tools can't necessary decide whether something is an ABI or API
change. The output should be used as a hint to look for whether there
might be a problem. We are not aware of any broken API or ABI
contracts for the listed libraries.
* NTBTLS (Not too bad TLS) client library
== Other OpenPGP implementations/initiatives
* [[https://gnupg.org/conf|OpenPGP.conf]], last conf was 8+9th of Sept, 2016.
|Hello, [[https://allstarseniorbenefits.com/|If I have COPD can I get life insurance]]'m Margie, a 26 year old from Mount Gambier, Australia.<<<BR>>
My hobbies include (but are not limited to) Equestrianism, Amateur radio and watching Modern Family.
Hello, If I have COPD can I get life insurance'm Margie, a 26 year old from Mount Gambier, Australia.<
> My hobbies include (but are not limited to) Equestrianism, Amateur radio and watching Modern Family.