Portable version of Gpg4win
Before Gpg4win 4.1.0 (when Gpg4win still included GPA) it was possible to create a portable Version with mkportable.exe. For version 4.1.0 you have to follow these steps to create it:
- Create an empty folder which will contain the portable version. In this instruction we call it Gpg4win_Portable.
- First, copy the contents of the folder GnuPG into the empty folder Gpg4win_Portable.
- Then copy the contents of the folder Gpg4win into the folder Gpg4win_Portable. When Windows asks you if it should replace existing files decide to replace the existing files.
- Copy the whole folder GnuPG into the folder Gpg4win_Portable.
- Create a new folder called home in the folder Gpg4win_Portable.
- When upgrading you should reuse the home folder of your old portable installation to keep your public / private keys.
- Create a new file called gpgconf.ctl in the folder Gpg4win_Portable/bin.