(For Developers, work in progress)
2.2.3 (bugfix release)
Very likely in November 2014.
- Fix gpa and claws on XP, glib defect, rand_so
- Fix makeportable commit
- Fix -vanilla packaging to include gnutls
- Update assuan and libgcrypt as intended with 2.2.2
- update of third party libraries
- update of gnupg version and libraries
- (Claws will not be updated, because overall time pressure and lack of help with it.)
next normal release? maybe 2.3.0 or 3.0.0
(Not scheduled yet, may depend on available funding). Mid 2015?
GnuPG 2.1 integration
Shall we remove Claws-Mail from the installer?
Rationale: Claws-Mail maintains its own installer for windows, which often is more current. Supporting it by building in into the Gpg4win 2.0.0 installer was a success, this helped the initiative to get a windows installer and it spread the word.
It makes Gpg4win easier to maintain, if we decouple the installers. There is less work to be done, especially less quality control and even some space is safed.
This raises is a more general question: Shouldn't we consider to make the engine (GnuPG and the core libraries) a separate package which can be updated on its own and other packages may install it on the fly? -- Werner Koch 2014-10-24 19:10:21