Central keyfile (gnupg-2.0.x)
In institutions it may be useful to centralize key management so that adminstrators can provide a set of certificates that are available for all users.
To set this up:
- Create a new user group "gpg-admins"
- Create a shared folder (e.g. a network share) that is readable for everyone but writable only for gpg-admins
- Launch Kleopatra and import all the certificates that are intended to be used.
- Mark all keys with ctrl+a and use File->Export Certificates Create a file in your network share folder.
- Create a login script that is executed in the user environment
gpg2 --import //networkshare\pgpkeys.asc
Please not the forward slashes when importing the keys.
When adding new keys add the key in your Kleopatra instance, and export again to the central location. After a new Login your users will automatically import this key.