added a list of upcoming events
GnuPG Wiki should not be a place for News but for general fairly static information.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
|* July 9+10, 2016, (near Frankfurt): [[OpenPGPEmailSummit201607]]|
The content of this wiki may be different to the positions of the GnuPG Project.
- September 8+9, 2016, Cologne: OpenPGP.conf
GnuPG for Users
- Documentation Overview
- LargeKeys: How many bits are enough?
- WebOfTrust: Understanding the web of trust
- GnomeKeyring: What to do when Gnome Keyring Hijacks your GPG Agent
- TroubleShooting: What to do when something doesn't work.
- PlatformNotes - what to be aware of when using or administrating GnuPG on different platforms.
- X.509 hints (needed for S/MIME and trusted root certs)
- SmartCard hints
- Wishlist Where to submit feature requests
- Applications using GnuPG
- LDAPKeyserver: How to configure OpenLDAP as a keyserver.
- Hints for use with NFS
GnuPG for Developers
- How to use GnuPG from your application (GnuPG's API)
- Building GnuPG 2.1: GnuPG 2.1 is the latest GnuPG version but as with all 2.x versions it has several dependencies, which make building it a bit more difficult. Here are some notes.
- API checker: Upstream-Tracker.org checks ABI/API changes for some libraries like gpgme, libgpg-error, libgcrypt.
Note that the tools can't necessary decide whether something is an ABI or API change. The output should be used as a hint to look for whether there might be a problem. We are not aware of any broken API or ABI contracts for the listed libraries.
Other OpenPGP implementations/initiatives
About this Wiki
The aim of the GnuPG Project and the initiative Gpg4win is to provide software solutions for everyone to
- enable email and file end-to-end security, offering protection against being listened to by servers or transport systems.
- use openly researched crypto algorithms.
- allow the implementations to be independently audited. (Which is achieved by publishing them as Free Software.)
In 2015 a big challenge for a better user experience for email and file-transport security is certificate discovery and trust building. The STEED concept proposes a solution.
Help us to improve this wiki!