About this Wiki
Help us to improve this wiki!
The aim of GnuPG and the Gpg4win Initiative is to provide software solutions for everyone to
- enable email and file end-to-end security, offering protection against being listened to by servers or transport systems.
- use openly researched crypto algorithms.
- allow the implementations to be independently audited. (Which is achieved by publishing them as Free Software.)
Mid 2016 the concept for web key directory/service introduced a way towards a much better user experience.
If you have questions about this wiki, use the community support infrastructure of GnuPG or Gpg4win. The wiki is operated by Intevation GmbH as a service for the mentioned communities.
2022: New Theme
In 2022 we decided that we need a new theme for the wiki that represents GnuPG better than the default theme at that time (memodump). That is why we created the theme "gnupg-org-wiki-theme" and made it the new default. Here are some details about the new theme:
- Based on the theme memodump
- Main changes:
- On pages whose URL begins with "https://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win" the logo of Gpg4win is also shown
- Color of the top bar
- Transparent hover effects
- Messages (when editing or canceling editing) have different colors and higher contrast
- Updated Bootstrap to 3.4.1 (memodump used 3.2.0)
- How to use it:
- Click on your name in the top bar.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Preferences.
- Under Preferred theme select gnupg-org-wiki-theme.
- Click on Save at the bottom.