TODO, under construction
- can be automated, because manual building will induce errors, is less reproducable and costs significant efforts.
- can be cross build, because main GnuPG build environment and developer community is on GNU/Linux.
- consists of Free Software, so it can be indepentenly audited
- behaves like a common application on the plattform, so users can use their tools and knowledge
- if a software distribution system or a system management solution is used, we shall play nice with it.
- deinstallation should work via system controls
- looks attractive, to promote acceptance.
- can be internationalized, because GnuPG and apps target a lot of international users. German is a core language.
- can do everything that is needed, e.g. if services are to registered for autostart.
- is easy to understand and change, because this reduces efforts and problems.
- handling some level of dependencies and version, because we want Ggp4win to be updated seperately from applications that use it, e.g. Claws Mail.
- install/updates/deinstall should be possible
- update notifications, so that users will know when they run an outdated version and should update.
- verification of the Installer, so that user can be sure where it comes from.
Discussion about the best installing technology targetting MS Windows.