Gpg4win 3.0 pre-release versions
If you want to help us with Ggp4win, you can try one of the test versions before we declare it stable.
- Since Gpg4win 3.0.0 beta276 the software has release candidate status. The Outlook-Support with MIME is considerably better than with elder Gpg4win 2.3.x versions. So it is okay to use in production settings for normal security requirements. As a precaution do not use it for high security settings or keys.
- See roadmap for our current Gpg4win release plan.
Release Candidate: Download Gpg4win-3.0 Beta
Find the list of all 3.0 beta releases at https://files.gpg4win.org/Beta/
Feedback we are most interested in
- Feedback on GpgOL
- Regressions with GnuPG modern (2.1.x). - Meaning: Things that worked with Gpg4win 2.3.x but no longer work with current Gpg4win beta release.
- Regressions in Kleopatra
- Problems with decrypt / verify and file extension integration.
Additional notes / Known issues
If you find something obvious during testing that you think would belong on a list of known issues please add it here.
Command line Executable renamed
The command line executable has been renamed from gpg2.exe to gpg.exe scripts or command line usage has to be modified accordingly.
GnuPG now offers a more automatic mode for key discovery and trust based on the communication history. This might become default in future Gpg4win Versions. You can enable it now through Kleopatra or by adding: trust-model tofu+pgp to your gpg.conf
This is not yet properly handled everywhere (especially Kleopatra's file verification dialog). The trust-model is fully supported by GpgOL, though.
- It is not possible to modify mails (e.g. moving / flagging the mail) while they are shown decrypted. To workaround this unselect the crypto mail and then make changes through the right click context menu or move it with drag and drop.
- Crypto mails forwarded as attachment are not properly handled.
- The certificate selection dialog sometimes opens in the background and needs an overhaul.
- Localization is incomplete