Gpg4win 3.0 test (beta) versions
This page is intended for persons who are willing to help develop Gpg4win by testing new versions before we make a stable release.
- Important: Versions published here are experimental and should not be used in a production environment or with production keys.
- Download the latest Gpg4win beta release from https://files.gpg4win.org/Beta/current (with automatic beta numbering)
- See Roadmap for our current Gpg4win release plan.
Feedback we are most interested in
- Feedback on GpgOL
- Regressions with GnuPG modern (2.1.x). - Meaning: Things that worked with Gpg4win 2.3.x but no longer work with current Gpg4win beta release.
- Regressions in Kleopatra
- Problems with decrypt / verify and file extension integration.
Additional notes / Known issues
If you find something obvious during testing that you think would belong on a list of known issues please add it here.
For 3.0 we plan to offer a quick switch to a more automatic mode that will set the GnuPG options (in gpg.conf):
auto-key-locate wkd keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve trust-model tofu+pgp
As this is not properly handled everywhere (especially Kleopatra's file verification dialog) this is not yet default or easily accessible. You can add it manually to your gpg.conf. The trust-model is fully supported by GpgOL.
- It is not possible to modify mails (e.g. moving / flagging the mail) while they are shown decrypted. To workaround this unselect the crypto mail and then make changes through the right click context menu or move it with drag and drop.
- Crypto mails forwarded as attachment are not properly handled.
- The certificate selection dialog sometimes opens in the background and needs an overhaul.
- Localization is incomplete