Gpg4win 3.0 test (beta) versions
If you want to help us developing Ggp4win, you can try one of the test versions before we do a full release.
- Note the status of a release. Some beta releases are experimental and should not be used in a production environment or with production keys.
- Since Gpg4win 3.0.0 beta276 we have release candidate status. The Outlook-Support with MIME is considerably better then with elder Gpg4win 2.3.x versions. So it is okay to use in production settings for normal security requirements. As a precaution do not use it for high security settings or keys.
- See Roadmap for our current Gpg4win release plan.
Download the latest Gpg4win beta release from https://files.gpg4win.org/Beta/current (with automatic beta numbering)
Feedback we are most interested in
- Feedback on GpgOL
- Regressions with GnuPG modern (2.1.x). - Meaning: Things that worked with Gpg4win 2.3.x but no longer work with current Gpg4win beta release.
- Regressions in Kleopatra
- Problems with decrypt / verify and file extension integration.
Additional notes / Known issues
If you find something obvious during testing that you think would belong on a list of known issues please add it here.
For 3.0 we plan to offer a quick switch to a more automatic mode that will set the GnuPG options (in gpg.conf):
auto-key-locate wkd keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve trust-model tofu+pgp
As this is not properly handled everywhere (especially Kleopatra's file verification dialog) this is not yet default or easily accessible. You can add it manually to your gpg.conf. The trust-model is fully supported by GpgOL.
- It is not possible to modify mails (e.g. moving / flagging the mail) while they are shown decrypted. To workaround this unselect the crypto mail and then make changes through the right click context menu or move it with drag and drop.
- Crypto mails forwarded as attachment are not properly handled.
- The certificate selection dialog sometimes opens in the background and needs an overhaul.
- Localization is incomplete