Gpg4win 3.x Testversions
This page is intended for persons who are willing to help develop Gpg4win by testing new versions before we make a stable release.
Versions published here are experimental and should not be used in a production environment or with production keys.
The latest Version can be found here. (Numbering is automatic)
For our current release plan please refer to the Roadmap.
Feedback we are most interested in
- Feedback on GpgOL
- Regressions with GnuPG Modern (meaning things that worked with gpg4win-2.3.0 and no longer work).
- HKPS is not yet supported in gnupg 2.1 for windows. You can use the TOR support as alternative.
- There is no localization for gnupg included.
- For some more see the Bugtracker
- Kleopatra's about dialog lists the gpg4win version as 2.1.0 guessed
We tested Outlook 2010 - 2016 using an Exchange 2013 Server and with an IMAP Server.
- Signed inline (not encrypted) signed is currently not handled. You have to use the clipboard commands for this.
- GpgOL breaks multipart/signed (mime signed not encrypted) signatures for other clients if the inner MIME boundaries were on a single line.
- GpgOL might break S/MIME opaque signed signatures for other clients (including Outlook)
- The inline reply / forward / draft editors of Outlook 2016 have no UI and don't work yet for encryption / signing.
- If you close Outlook when looking at a decrypted mail outlook asks you to save your changes, twice. (Won't be saved in plaintext).
- When problems occur and GpgOL does not know what to do it will replace the plaintext by a blue "This message is encrypted box"
- The wording in that box needs to be fixed
- Failed decryption should be handled more gracefully
- This error might be synced to the server
- You generally should not see that. Consider reporting a bug.
- When opening a Mail in it's own Window it will be shown as empty after you close the reader window. You can switch to another mail and back.
- Localization is not completely done (and we are still doing to many string changes for that.)
- Outlook is still blocked while crypto is done (nothing new)
- We don't have UI in the reader / messagelist to show the Signature / Encryption state after verification. For some more see the Bugtracker