Gpg4win 3.x Testversions
This page is intended for persons who are willing to help develop Gpg4win by testing new versions before we make a stable release.
- Important: Versions published here are experimental and should not be used in a production environment or with production keys.
- Download the latest Gpg4win test version from https://files.gpg4win.org/Beta/current. (with automatic beta numbering)
- See Roadmap for our current Gpg4win release plan.
Feedback we are most interested in
- Feedback on GpgOL
- Regressions with GnuPG Modern (meaning things that worked with gpg4win-2.3.0 and no longer work).
- HKPS is not yet supported in gnupg 2.1 for windows. You can use the TOR support as alternative.
- There is no localization for gnupg included.
- For some more see the Bugtracker
- Kleopatra's about dialog lists the gpg4win version as 2.1.0 guessed
We tested Outlook 2010 - 2016 using an Exchange 2013 Server and with an IMAP Server.
- Clearsigned / Opaque Signed mail text that is not encrypted is currently not handled. You have to use the clipboard commands for this.
- After viewing a Mail with GpgOL multipart/signed (PGP/MIME signed but not encrypted) signatures for other clients on the same account are broken if the inner MIME boundaries were on a single line.
- The inline reply / forward / draft editors of Outlook 2016 have no UI and don't work yet for encryption / signing.
- If you close Outlook when looking at a decrypted mail outlook asks you to save your changes, twice. (Won't be saved in plaintext).
- When problems occur and GpgOL does not know what to do it will replace the plaintext by a blue "This message is encrypted box"
- The wording in that box needs to be fixed
- Failed decryption should be handled more gracefully
- This error might be synced to the server
- You generally should not see that. Consider reporting a bug.
- When opening a Mail in it's own Window it will be shown as empty after you close the reader window. You can switch to another mail and back to decrypt it again.
- Localization is not completely done (and we are still doing to many string changes for that.)
- Outlook is still blocked while crypto is done (nothing new)
- We don't have UI in the reader / messagelist to show the Signature / Encryption state after verification it's only shown in the popup.